Eating Through Life

Adventures in eating from a 23 yr old with eyes bigger than her stomach.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

one-bowl easy veggie soup

Not the thing to be cooking in the middle of summer, I know, but the easiest way I know of filling me with veggies when I'm sick. In the middle of summer, after not having anything harsher than the sniffles all winter, I came down with the nastiest case of tonsilitis I've seen for a while.

So - The recipe. I just used whatever was in fridge or cupboards at my Mum's, and didn't measure anything, so please bear with me. Haphazardness means most of it's easily substituteable though.


Chicken Stock
Butter
Half an Onion
One Potato
One Carrot
Corn (tinned or frozen will be easier, but there was fresh in the fridge!)
Mushrooms
Small Pastas (Mum actually had special soup ones, but even spagetti broken up small enough will work)
Parsley, chopped


Put the finely chopped onion and butter in a large microwavable bowl, and cook on gight for 2 minutes. Add the chopped potato and carrot, chicken stock and corn (sperated from the cob, in kernals), microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes. Add the pasta and parsley, cook for 5 minutes.

Tada! Done! Easy and not very messy or timeconsuming. Yummy again later when re-heated. My mum found a thermos for me to bring it home in. Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home